Blogmas Post #4

Blogmas Post #4

There are only 21 days left before Christmas! 

The question for you today is:

What's your favorite Christmas song and hymn? 

My favorite Christmas song would be Carol of the bells! I love that song! I still don't know all of the words, but I do love it! 

My favorite Christmas hymn would be "Thou Didst Leave thy Throne." Not many people seem to know this song. It's a good one! At our former church when we picked favorites to sing, I picked this one and hardly anyone knew it, not even the song leader! Have you heard this song before? 




"Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne" was written in 1864 by Emily Elizabeth Steele Elliot. As I was researching this hymn for fun, I found a post that Paul Tripp wrote about the song and I really liked what he had to say, so I thought I would share:


"It's an amazing story, one that becomes no less amazing with every retelling: the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords leaves the splendor of glory to come to a shattered earth to suffer and die for self-oriented rebels. 

The Messiah is not born in a palace, but in a stable. He lives his life as a pilgrim, denied a small luxury even animals enjoy-a home (see Matthew 8:20). He is despised and rejected, then subjected to a bloody and painful crucifixion. 

Christ does all this intentionally and willingly so that those rebels will be forgiven, so that those separated from God will have a home with him forever, and so that grace will be supplied to people in desperate need of it."

~Paul Tripp~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 2nd miscarriage

Our 1st Miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3