Trials


Trusting the Lord during trials

Why do we have trials? God uses trials in our life for a number of things. God brings trials into our life to conform us to image of His Son. That means that we need to be like Him. In order for Him to do that, God has to chip away all of that stuff that does not look like Him. It is not always easy and sometimes it hurts. But is is good for me. It says in:

Romans 8:28-29

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to his purpose. For whom he didforknow he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn amoung many brethren."

How many things work out for good? ALL things work out for good. Even trials and situations that are not pleasant to me. During a trial I am however, required to be joyful.

James 1:2

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations:"

This is a command for me to be joyful. It says to count it all joy. It does not say if I want to, it says when it comes, be joyful!!! Even though we are required to be joyful it does not mean that everything will go well and that it will be easy. The Lord promises to give me the strength that I need. When going through a trial, you can look at it 1 of 2 ways:

1. You can rejoice (as God commands) and be thankful for the trial that God has given you and look forward to what the Lord could teach you.

2. You can become bitter and angry because the Lord brought you this trial. (disobedience)

Which will you choose???? The choice is yours!

The Lord has been teaching me a lot. We are in a new place,  have a new church, just closed on a house, trying to adjust to Scott's new work schedule,.....Yet, I can still rejoice. God is still in control and this is just part of His perfect plan for my life. I don't need to understand why. I just need to keep focused on the Lord and continue to trust Him.

Philippians 4:8

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I am to think on those things. I need to not loose sight of the things that I do have in Christ. I have so much! God has promised to take care of me and He will!

Philippians 4:19

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Proverbs 3:5-6

" Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

The Lord will take care of me because He promised to. It has been neat to watch the Lord provide. I am looking forward to seeing what He will do next. I need to continue to trust Him.

11 Corinthians 1:3-4

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort. Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."

Even when it may seem that no one knows what you are going through, God does!! He is the God of ALL comfort. He is the best comforter out there. Sometimes during the midst of a trial it is very hard to see why God has you going through it. You might not see how the Lord can use this in your life for good. Later on you may have the opportunity to encourage and help someone else because of what the Lord taught you during that trial.

When going through trials I am never alone!!!

God is:

1. Above me: Psalm 91:4- Above me are God's overshadowing wings.

2. Beneath me: Deuteronomy 33:27- Beneath me are God's everlasting arms.

3. Around me: Psalm 34:7-Around me the angel of the Lord encamps on all sides to deliver me!

4. In me: Philippians 4:7- Inside me God's peace that passes all understanding guards my heart and mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 2nd miscarriage

Our 1st Miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3