Thanksgiving 2018

Thanksgiving 2018





Happy Thanksgiving y'all! What do YOU make for your Thanksgiving meal? Do you always have Turkey or Ham? I look forward to reading your comments! Scott and I don't usually have turkey for Thanksgiving...I know that was hard for some of you to hear! Why? We aren't really turkey fans and we would have turkey for days. 

 Scott and I decided to have brisket this year. It was so yummy! Maybe you've never heard of it or even tried it before, well, come on down! My first time trying brisket was with some friends in Corpus Christi. I called the smoke house where they specialize in brisket to see about placing my order in advance. The man on the phone laughed and said, "Ma'am, most people don't have brisket for  Thanksgiving, so you won't have to worry about ordering ahead of time." That made me chuckle! Now Scott and I plan on getting it every year, another tradition to mark down for us! 

Thanksgiving menu 2018:
~Everything was Keto approved except for the potatoes! I had bought some salad but had to throw it away because of the recall. 

~Smoked Brisket
~Garlic Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes 
~Sautéed zucchini and squash 
~Garlic Parmesan Biscuits 
~Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
~ Cranberry Cobbler 


What everything looked like online 

How it actually came out 


On Friday we went to Kora Kora Coffee 

Scott had the snowman and I had the pumpkin! 

Saturday we made a trip to Gonzales and visited a few tourist places as well as one of our favorite State Parks. 


Gonzales Pioneer Village- a collection of 1800's structures and artifacts. It would make a great field trip! 

Some trails, an old church building, an old house, and a toy truck made out of wood!
Lots of buildings with old furnishings in them- the tour guide was very informative about each one! 
This house had not 1 but 2 coffee grinders-yes please! 


Gonzales Memorial Museum-where the "Come and take it" cannon is! 



Eggleston House Children's Garden
The house was very interesting! 

Come and Take it Monument



Texas Heroes Square 


Palmetto State Park 
-I didn't take any pictures this time! 



Well, this concludes my 26 days of Thanksgiving posts for November! I made it to the end, yay!!! Have you enjoyed reading them? Would you like to see something special for December? I look forward to hearing your feedback! 

Comments

  1. How they looked online vs. how they turned out. Love it! Yours turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our 2nd miscarriage

Our 1st Miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3