Remembering Baby Peace on Christmas Day-2nd anniversary


Remembering Baby Peace

On Christmas Day 2019 marked 2 years since we lost our precious little one. Ever since that day, Christmas has always been bitter sweet for me. Why? Because we lost a precious baby on such a joyous holiday. I'm thankful for the giver of life-God-and for Baby Peace. However, as I reflect on that sorrow filled day, my heart rejoices. Why? In a very hard time, God gave me the most amazing  peace. Precious peace that can only come from Him. I've had a lot of time to think and pray about the day we celebrate Jesus we also now get to celebrate Baby Peace. 

If I'm honest, I thought since we didn't even get a chance to celebrate or even remember on this day (because we were surrounded by so many people) that it would somehow be easier or less painful. However, that was not the case. I knew I needed to take time to stop and remember despite the pain. I needed to take time to remember this baby who God chose to give life to. I needed to stop and remember the sweet friends from all over the US who stopped to pray. I needed to remember the sweet messages and phone calls that came from sweet friends checking in on me. I needed to remember the messages, phone calls, and support that came from my amazing hubby. I needed to remember the beautiful flowers that were given. I needed to remember the amazing peace God gave during such a painful day. I needed to remember the strength that came from God. I needed to remember how through this heartache, God was there, He knows, He cares, He saw, He loves, and He will always understand. 

 I'm thankful that through that pain, I can sill rejoice. I'm thankful for these times of remembering. I'm thankful for the hard times that require growth afterwards. I'm thankful that God is writing my story. I'm thankful I'm able to share my story of our two precious babies with others and pray it is an encouragement. 

Taking a walk on Christmas Evening 
We all enjoyed a walk on Christmas evening. This picture was taken in front of the red light at a railroad crossing. The sky was beautiful with white fluffy clouds and the air was crisp as well as cold. A perfect combination for a walk. 



When we came home and went grocery shopping, Scott called out to me and asked which flowers I liked. Yes, they will die, but it was a way for me to remember and reflect on that day.



This picture is special to me for so many reasons. This was a few days after the miscarriage. Scott took me on a walk in our town square. I'm thankful for my husband who has been there through it all with me. I'm thankful for his love, encouragement, and strength. I'm very blessed to have you, Scotty! 



We love you, Baby Peace! It's hard to believe this is the 2nd year since we lost you! I can't wait for Heaven! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 2nd miscarriage

Our 1st Miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3