Remembering Baby Peace

Remembering Baby Peace 


One year ago today, on Christmas, we lost our precious little one-Baby Peace. As I sit here in the quiet living room drinking my cup of hot coffee, with my light coming from the Christmas tree, I'm reflecting and remembering. I remember many answered prayers during that time. God gave us a baby, but then heartbreak as we lost that baby. Being scared that I had to do this alone (hubby was at work) and I had no one, so I prayed, and God heard the pleas and cries of my heart. I believe in praying specifically, so I started praying specifically for peace. Some friends also sent some messages that they too were praying. God answered me and gave me the most amazing peace ever! 


"Fear thou not: for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee: yeah, I will help thee: yeah, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. " Isaiah 41:10

To read our 2nd miscarriage-click on this link:

I tried to prepare my heart and mind this week for today, so I did two miscarriage Bible studies.  I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but because God gave me such amazing peace for the miscarriage, I thought it wasn't going to be as hard. I was so wrong, because the grief came in like a wave or roller coaster during the children's Christmas program. I knew I had to keep it together until I got home. Why? Afraid someone will see me crying? Afraid to have to explain why? Afraid to allow myself to grieve again? Afraid of judgment from others?  I think for me, it was all of those and more. Why? I'm not sure. I know I need to let people in, allow the body of Christ to love me, and be an encouragement to me too. We weren't meant to endure these things alone. We had the Christmas Eve Candlelight service last night. All of those same feelings came back. Scott had asked me if I was sad, to which I replied, yes, he said he was too. I'm so thankful that God knows my heart. He sees what I'm going through, how I'm feeling, and gives comfort. I serve the God of all comfort! 

"Blessed be God, even the Father of  Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort: Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." 
2 Corinthains 1:3-5


Christmas Eve Candlelight Service

I really didn't want to allow myself to feel that pain again. Why? Because it hurts. However, I have learned that trying to keep it in, isn't good for you either. So, I have allowed myself to ride that "wave" to remember, to take the time to grieve, and thank God for the short time we had with Baby Peace. It's okay to take time to grieve. Grief has no time line and comes when you least expect it. It's okay to cry, to pray, to mourn....just don't stay there. So thankful for Heaven when I will be reunited with our precious babies-Baby Nutter and Baby Peace! 

Is someone you know hurting this Christmas because of a loss? Love them, send them a message,  and most of all, pray with them..

We love you Baby Peace!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 2nd miscarriage

Our 1st Miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3