Day 19 of Thankfulness

Day 19 of Thankfulness

November 19, 2018

Scripture post # 1 

~Scripture-I'm so thankful for Scripture and for the comfort it brings me. I'm going to be doing something a little bit different on these next few blogposts. In the beginning of November, I asked about 75 people if they would tell me what their favorite verse was and why. Only about 1/2 of those people responded. It was very interesting to get so many different answers! Thank you to those of you who took the time to share with me!  This has been a blessing for me to read these.  I hope this is an encouragement to you or to someone who may need it.  

~Joy~

~Isaiah 55:8-9 say, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

"This verse has special significance in my life for many years now. In 1983 my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer after several hours of extensive surgery. I was sitting in the hospital waiting room in Santiago, Chile, when the Dr spoke to me of the grave situation I was now facing. Overwhelmed at the news, it was hard to express my thoughts and emotions at that time. Isaiah 55:8-9 immediately came to my mind. I didn't remember where in Scripture it was located, but I knew it was God's word to my heart at that moment. Six months after his diagnosis, he was taken to heaven, thus the impact of God's Word in my heart and life. While I was reluctant to think that God would have a different plan than mine, I knew He was and is the Sovereign God of the universe and I could trust Him. Over the decades since that event, I have been encouraged to know and continue to learn that my ways are not always God's ways, but HIS ways are always best, but more than that they are PERFECT. Psalm 18:30, "As for God, His way is perfect..." 




~Brian~ 

~Proverbs 3:5-6 say, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths."

"After I first got saved, and as I began to read Scripture, this verse seemed to really speak to me personally and has remained a very necessary portion throughout my life since that time." 

~Diane~

~2 Corinthians 5:14-16 "For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again."

"Some have one favorite; for me, it is the one I seem to need at the moment. But this portion has been special for many years and it is a constant reminder to me that life is not about myself, it is not about my comfort, my needs or plans or ambitions. It was a motivating factor in going out to the unknown as a missionary when I always wanted to just stay home in my own comfort zone."





~Howard~

`Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." 

"I am grateful that God began a work in me. If He had not I would not be His child. Since He began the work, He states that He will complete it. I rest in His promise. This gives me hope, joy, peace, and assurance. It is God who is working in my life." 

~Kay~ 

Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." 

"I love this verse because by faith I stand in the total sufficiency of the work of Christ on the cross in my behalf. I cannot live by my own works or effort (the flesh), but through the rise Christ who empowers me to live for Him in a way the pleases God." 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 1st Miscarriage

Our 2nd miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3