Day 20 of Thankfulness

Day 20 of Thankfulness 

November 20, 2018

Scripture Post # 2


~Gradon~

Psalm 63:1-"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

"That is what I want my attitude towards God to be."


~Courtney~ 

Philippians 1:6, "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring me to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." 

"I really like this verse because, Christ not only saved me, but is going to make me complete. What a great day that will be to know all the I've been 'training' for on this side of eternity He will bring to completion at Christ's feet." 





~Ruth~

Acts 11:23B, "..With purrpose of heart that they would cleave unto the Lord."

"My favorite verse is Acts 11:23 where it says 'with purpose of heart...cleave unto the Lord.'  I feel like having an apathetic personality allows me to just roll through every hour of every day very blah blah blah. I need to live with a purpose! A purpose for what I do, a purpose for why I do it, always 'looking unto Jesus!' It gives me an accountability factor as well as a determination. I have decided, I have made a conscious effort, I have purposed in my heart, to cleave to the Lord! 
The second part of the verse talks about cleaving to the Lord.
When I have something to cleave to, to cling too, to depend on that is greater than I, it gives me comfort, it gives me hope, it gives me desire to continue on! When I am on God's side He is on my side! He has already won! The victory already is His! If I purpose in my heart to cleave to Him, I have to let go of everything else. To 'cleave' takes both hands, takes determination, it has the idea of total dependency. Maybe this is here the 'let go and let God' comes from."




~Megan~ 

Joshua 1:9, "Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of good courage. Do not be terrified nor be discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you whoever you go."

"God wrote this verse on my heart when I was very young, like around 5 years old. This verse addresses many of the spiritual issues I struggle with, including anxiety and abandonment. It's a promise I've stood on in many different situations. 




~Jamie~

Psalm 34:5, "Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces."

"I love how this verse shows that a.) the Lord is all we need in order to be content and b.) there is no shame in things like infertility (or in my case, vaginismus) because he cares about all things and desires an intimate relationship with us!" 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 2nd miscarriage

Our 1st Miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3