Day 2 of Thankfulness



November 2, 2018

Day 2: I am thankful for:


~Bibles 

~Bookshelf
~Books
~Bed
~Babies



~Bibles- I am so thankful for God's Word. God's Word has brought so much comfort, peace, joy, wisdom, and understanding to me. Over the years, I have been gifted with 7 Bibles over the course of my life. Each one has a special story behind it. I'm still looking for a study Bible to use for my devotions as my favorite one is in pieces! This pink and brown one from Scott is the one I use for church. We went to a marriage conference that Dr. Gary Chapman was hosting and he signed my Bible, pretty cool! 
My favorite Bible was falling apart so Scott bought me a new one. 


I taught at Immanuel Christian School for two years and was given this Bible as a going away present .

After graduating from CBI, I was given this Bible from Calvary Baptist Chruch 


I worked at Camp CoBeAc as an intern before teaching at ICS and started attending a new church and met a very sweet friend and her family! So thankful for you, Ruth! It was so nice to see you this year! 


I was attending Bible college and I had been using a very small Bible because that's all I had. I was thankful for it too!  One day this sweet family came in and told me they wanted me to pick out a study Bible from the gift shop. What a huge blessing that was! This has been my favorite study Bible! I still haven't been able to find another one and this one has had plenty of use and is falling apart! Thank you friends!

After graduating High School I got this NT from my home church 

I was in need of a new Bible and was gifted this from a family from my home church. 

In need of a Bible? We have plenty! 

~Bookshelf- I am thankful for this bookshelf. We had all of our books stored in totes. We went to Ikea last year and found this awesome book shelf! 


We have an addiction with books! We both love to read.  



~Books-I love to read, I didn't always enjoy reading. However, over the last few years my love for books has grown. The past few years I have been setting some reading goals. This year my goal is to read 50 books, I might not make it but that's okay. I've met 72% of my goal so far. I have read some books on marriage, miscarriage, and personal growth. I have really enjoyed learning this year. 


I made a goal to read 50 books this year. I have read 36 so far and these are the latest ones that I have finished. 

I am also currently reading a few books too. 


~Bed-I'm so thankful for our bed! When we first moved into our house we didn't have a bed. We slept on an air mattress for the first year. We wanted to be able to save up for a bed set and not go into debt. We saved up and were able to get the bed we wanted. 




We had a raised queen size airbed. It was actually very comfortable. The previous owners left these two nightstands behind, so that was a blessing. 

One year later we were able to get a bed, nightstands, and a bed set. It 's worth waiting and saving up for the furniture you want/need. 



~Babies-I'm thankful for the two babies that God had blessed us with-Baby Nutter and Baby Peace. I can't wait for our reunion in Heaven! I may not look like a mom to the world because my little ones aren't here on the earth. 



Baby Nutter would have been 3 this year. 

The 1st anniversary of the passing of Baby Peace is coming up next month on Christmas Day. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 1st Miscarriage

Our 2nd miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3