Day 15 of Thankfulness

Thankfulness Day 15

November 15, 2018 

Day 15: I'm thankful for: 

~Orchids 


~Orchids-I'm thankful for orchids. Over the years of our marriage my husband has bought me a few orchids. When we were living in Michigan, about 6 months before we moved, Scott brought me home these beautiful orchids! We knew we were moving so Scott worked very hard and took a 2nd shift job. I would get up and go teach school and he would leave for work for the night while I was still teaching. So we didn't see each other very much for that short time.  Here's the beautiful poem Scott wrote for me to go with the orchids. Enjoy! 




We are you orchids purple and pink
We sit here together and grow in sinc

A gift from your husband there's one thing we share
like you, we exist of his focus and care

We are your orchids purple and pink
not much do we need save a weekly drink 

We sit here in silence in a small borrowed place
to capture your eyes and brighten your face 

We are your orchids purple and pink
we can not converse nor can we think 

We're here all the same just as we're displayed 
a token of love in one way it's conveyed 

We are your orchids each one of a kind 
we're here just to keep one thing on your mind

Love from your husband in his temporal adieu 
a living example of his "I love you" 


Purple orchid 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 1st Miscarriage

Our 2nd miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3