Day 4 of Thankfulness

November 4, 2018 

Day 4: I am thankful for: 

~Dates
~Dishes
~Devotions
~Doctors


~Dates-I'm thankful for the dates I'm able to go on with my hubby! Sometimes its just a simple date such as going to get coffee or walking on a new trail. I'm thankful that we are able to take that time to get away with each other. Some of our favorite things to do include walking and playing games together. I love you, Scotty! 

Being silly in Gruene last year 

Museum in Corpus Chiristi when we first moved to Texas

San Antonio Date 

Horseback riding on South Padre Island 

Trying to find the best coffee beans in Houston 

We just voted early here on Friday. Have you voted...go do it! 


~Dishes-it might seem random to say that I am thankful for dishes. However, I am! One of my very sweet friends gave me this set of china! I like to use it for special occasions. It's very beautiful and every time I use it I think of her. 






~Devotions-I'm thankful for my quiet time with the Lord. I know that we all go through different seasons in our walk with the Lord. Lately I have had a hard time taking something away from my devotions. I have tried many different Bible reading plans and guides this year. I recently shared this with a sweet friend. She encouraged me to start with Paul's books and instead of reading a chapter or a few verses to read the entire book in one setting for a month. That way I can get the overall picture of the book and what's going on. I thought that something was wrong if I didn't get something from my devotions every single morning. However, that's not the case. I used to be very good about journaling along with my devotions, however, I haven't done that in a while. I have started with the book of Galatians this month, I'm on day 4 of reading and  I'm excited to see what I will learn from this.What about you? What are you reading? 


I finally finished this Bible study after 6 years! 


Scott and I reading our Bible together while we were over the road in the semi. 


On vacation we had many early morning drives and we would read on the way. 

This was a fun thing for me to do. 


~Doctors-I'm so thankful for doctors. When I had my first miscarriage, God gave us the sweetest OBGYN there is! Truly, she was so sweet and caring. She took time to call and check on me and even met with me so I could give her a thank you card afterwards. Doctors have a hard job. Have you ever taken the time to pray for your doctor?  



1st miscarriage 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our 2nd miscarriage

Our 1st Miscarriage

Blogmas Post #3